ELEMENTARY SCHOOL PROSPECTS
Why choose Seven Hills for your Elementary School child?
SHPA’s high performance is derived from the concentrated attention and collaborative effort we commit to aligning and developing curriculum, instruction, and assessments. SHPA’s Core Knowledge sequence and Classical education model provide a solid educational foundation for learning fundamental content and acquiring essential skills. Moreover, the attendant supports and targeted services SHPA offers ensure students receive the encouragement and assistance necessary to become confident and successful learners while progressing through an inherently rigorous and challenging curriculum. Additional interventions and supports at SHPA range from counseling and social work services, Gifted & Talented, English Language programming to Special Education and tiered RTI-based intervention. Collectively, these supports make sure each individual student’s needs are identified and met.
We believe that all students have a right to pursue both academic and personal excellence. We consistently challenge students by:
- Providing a caring and structured small-school environment
- Maintaining high expectations of students, staff, and the community
- Inspiring critical thinking, creativity, and an appreciation for beauty through active implementation of the Core Knowledge Scope and Sequence
- Exceeding Minnesota education standards
- Promoting a strong value system and character development that embraces Caring, Assertiveness, Responsibility, Empathy, and Self-Control (“CARES”).
- The whole school community supports the goal of rigorous, structured, and disciplined academic programming that is driven by data, outcomes and results.