MN Vaccine ConnectorTou Thao
Dear SHPA Families,
The State of Minnesota has announced the launch of the Minnesota COVID-19 Vaccine Connector, which is a tool that helps Minnesotans find out when, where and how to get their COVID-19 vaccine.
This system is a proactive way for all Minnesotans to indicate their interest in receiving a vaccine, so that when they become eligible, they can be alerted and connected to resources to schedule a vaccine appointment.
Below is some information about the Vaccine Connector that you may find helpful.
Should I complete the Minnesota COVID-19 Vaccine Connector form?
All Minnesotans who would like to receive a COVID-19 vaccine should fill out the form to ensure they stay updated on vaccination opportunities in their area when they become available.
Who can get vaccinated now?
Demand for vaccine far exceeds supply, and Minnesotans are encouraged to remain patient as more vaccine arrives in the weeks and months ahead. Minnesota is continuing to distribute vaccines using a phased approach to immunize for impact by focusing on populations with the highest risk of getting COVID-19, as well as those most at risk of severe illness and complications if they become infected.
In Minnesota, you are eligible now to get vaccinated if you are a:
- Minnesotan age 65 or older
- Health care worker
- Long-term care resident or staff member
- Prekindergarten through Adult Basic and Community Education school staff member, or contracted school staff member
- Child care staff member at a licensed and certified child care center or program
How do I sign up?
- Signing up for the Vaccine Connector is easy, safe and secure.
- All Minnesotans 18 years of age and older should sign up, no matter their current vaccine eligibility status.
- There will be no cost and no restricted time period for signing up.
- Health insurance and personal identification forms are not required for signing up.
- Go to gov/vaccineconnector to sign up.
- Minnesotans unable to sign up online can have family or friends help them sign up online, or call 833-431-2053 for assistance signing up over the phone.
- Translation is available by phone in all languages. Minnesotans can call the translation hotlines at 833-431-2053 and 651-318-0989 for assistance signing up over the phone.
- All Minnesotans have to do to sign up is provide basic information such as contact information, demographic data, medical history, and employment to determine their eligibility based on state guidelines.
- The State of Minnesota is committed to the equitable distribution of safe and effective vaccines for protection against COVID-19 and the Vaccine Connector form has included questions about gender identity, sexual orientation, race, cultural identification, and disabilities to help us track and measure equity and fairness throughout the vaccine distribution process. These questions do have the option to select “prefer not to answer” or “none of the above,” and selecting these answers will not prevent you from signing up for the Vaccine Connector.
What happens after I fill out the Minnesota COVID-19 Vaccine Connector form?
As more vaccine becomes available, the Minnesota COVID-19 Vaccine Connector will send you updates about your COVID-19 vaccine eligibility and opportunities to receive the COVID-19 vaccine in Minnesota.
In the months ahead as vaccine supply increases, the Vaccine Connector will help Minnesotans know where vaccine is in the state, find out when they are eligible to get it, and connect them to a vaccine opportunity near them — no matter where they live or their personal circumstances. Before and after you are vaccinated, it’s important to continue to take simple steps to slow the spread of illness by wearing a mask, staying 6 feet away from others, washing your hands, and staying home whenever possible
For more information, please visit https://mn.gov/covid19/vaccine/
The Vaccine Connector is open to all Minnesotans. Please feel free to share this information with your family, friends and others who may be interested.
Seven Hills Preparatory Academy