Proper nutritional intake is essential for effective learning and overall student growth and development to occur.
We offer lunch at school, and our caterer strives to produce quality meals in an efficient and fiscally responsible manner. The following guidelines help ensure the physical health and well-being of every student. The school’s Board of Directors and Administration appreciate the support of all SHPA families around these efforts!
- SHPA is a nut and peanut free school. Due to severe food allergies of students and staff, children may not bring any lunch, snacks or food that contains or may contain nuts or peanuts.
- Only food from the approved snack list is allowed in classrooms
- SHPA offers hot lunch at school and our caterer strives to produce quality meals in an efficient and fiscally responsible manner. Students will be encouraged to eat the food placed on their tray and not waste it.
- Families may apply for free/reduced meals anytime during the school year, and applications are available online and in the school office.
- Hot lunches are purchased one month in advance.
Lunch and Food Safety
To address severe food allergies in our school community, children are not permitted to bring ANY snacks or food that contains or may contain nuts or peanuts. The school has an approved snack list that must be followed by families at all times. The Board of Directors and School Administration appreciate the support of all SHPA families in ensuring the physical health and well-being of everyone.
Payment for school lunches is made online one month in advance. Lunch prices are as follows:
- Lunch with milk – $3.60 per lunch (for students and adults)
- Milk – $0.60 (white or chocolate)
- Emergency Lunch – $4.00
Free and Reduced Lunch
SHPA recognizes that providing lunch resources for their children may be challenging for some families. Families may apply for free/reduced meals anytime during the school year; please download the application below and return to the school office.