Seven Hills Preparatory Academy (SHPA) is a free, public charter school that does not require admission tests, no specific academic requirements for applying, and no tuition. Admission is open to all students who reside in Minnesota. SHPA accepts enrollment applications in all grades, however, not all grades may have openings.
SHPA has two campuses:
Bloomington – Kindergarten through Fifth Grade
Richfield – Kindergarten through Fifth Grade
Richfield – Sixth Grade through Eighth Grade
SHPA Enrollment Coordinators:
Elementary School – Bloomington/Richfield (Kindergarten through Fifth Grade): For all elementary school questions and support, please contact Leslie Rimstad at email@example.com or 612-314-7603.
Middle School (6th-8th) – Richfield: For all middle school questions and support, please contact Tou Thao at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-314-7604.
Please See School Visits Page; please note, due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we are currently not offering tours.
2021 – 2022 Enrollment Information
Enrollment Events for the 2021 – 2022 Open Enrollment Season:
In response to the on-going COVID-19 pandemic, SHPA will not be hosting the following in-person enrollment events this fall/winter:
- Open Houses for Richfield Campus or Bloomington Campus Elementary Schools
- Open House for Richfield Campus Middle School
- Kindergarten Round Up (Richfield and Bloomington)
The Enrollment Team, with guidance from our Administrative Team, will continue to monitor the pandemic situation through the school year. Based on current MDH and CDC guidelines and SHPA Administration guidance of the time, we will continue to evaluate the safety and feasibility of in-person events as we approach the Spring/Summer of 2021. We thank you for your understanding.
In lieu of these events, we invite you to view our Spring 2020 virtual productions to learn more about SHPA.
SHPA ELEMENTARY SCHOOL:
SHPA MIDDLE SCHOOL :
2021 – 2022 Open Enrollment Information:
The 2021 – 2022 open enrollment period will open at 12:01am on November 1, 2020 through January 15, 2021 at 11:59pm. Applying for your student(s) during this “open,” period makes them eligible for our February 2021 lottery. The process of enrolling your student in SchoolMint, whether during Open Enrollment or post Open Enrollment, does not guarantee or secure a spot at SHPA. This is only the first step in the enrollment process.
Seven Hills Preparatory Academy will follow its established enrollment procedures and timeline for the 2021 – 2022 school year.
- All 2021 – 2022 Kindergarten applicants must be 5 years old, on or before September 1, 2021 in order to qualify for Kindergarten, no exceptions. SHPA does not conduct screening for students younger than the date listed above.
- For current SHPA families with new siblings wishing to join SHPA for the 2021 – 2022 school year, sibling preference is honored across all schools.
|If Current SHPA Student Attends…||Then New Sibling Will Receive Sibling Preference at….|
|Bloomington K – 5||Bloomington K – 5; Richfield K – 8|
|Richfield K – 8||Richfield K – 8; Bloomington K – 5|
- Current SHPA Students and Inter Campus Transfers (Kindergarten through Fifth Grade) A current SHPA student wishing to transfer to another SHPA campus will have to complete a separate enrollment application for the campus your student wants to transfer to. If you do not have a current sibling at the campus you are wishing to transfer to, this request will be handled as a new applicant with no family preference granted. If the applying current SHPA student has a current SHPA sibling student at the desired SHPA campus for transfer, SHPA sibling preference can be applied. Please note that the applying student will maintain their current enrollment until which time the inter campus transfer can be executed.
- Students currently attending SHPA, Kindergarten through 8th Grade, including our SHPA 5th Grade students that will transition to 6th grade at the Richfield Campus, do not have to reapply each year. All current SHPA students will automatically be enrolled to their respective next grade for the 2021 – 2022 school year. However, if your student will not be attending SHPA for the 2021 – 2022 school year, please notify your Enrollment Coordinators to discuss termination of enrollment procedures –
- Applications will be accepted by creating a SchoolMint account and submitting an online enrollment interest application. The 2021 – 2022 enrollment link will be live at 12:01am on November 1, 2020.
- Please carefully check the school and school year for which you are applying. For 2021 -2022 we will be offering the following grade level options. You can apply to both campuses if applying for grades Kindergarten through Fifth Grade:
- Bloomington Campus: Kindergarten through Fifth Grade
- Richfield Campus: Kindergarten through Fifth Grade & Sixth Grade through Eighth Grade
- Create one SchoolMint account for your family, you can add multiple children under the one account.
- The 2021 – 2022 SHPA wait lists are only good for one enrollment cycle: February 2021 – June 2022.