Seven Hills Preparatory Academy (SHPA) is a free, public charter school that does not require admission tests, no specific academic requirements for applying, and no tuition. Admission is open to all students who reside in Minnesota. SHPA accepts enrollment applications in all grades, however, not all grades may have openings.
SHPA has two campuses:
Bloomington – Kindergarten through Fifth Grade
Richfield – Kindergarten through Fifth Grade
Richfield – Sixth Grade through Eighth Grade
SHPA Enrollment Coordinators:
Elementary School – Bloomington/Richfield (Kindergarten through Fifth Grade): For all elementary school questions and support, please contact Leslie Rimstad at email@example.com or 612-314-7603.
Middle School (6th-8th) – Richfield: For all middle school questions and support, please contact Tou Thao at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-314-7604.
Please See School Visits Page; please note, due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we are currently not offering tours.
2020 – 2021 Open Enrollment Information
The 2020 – 2021 open enrollment period is now closed. However, we continue to accept applications via SchoolMint throughout the school year. Once you have submitted your application, it will be placed on the grade-level wait list in the order that it was received. Please note that we do use our grade-level wait lists throughout the school year as spots become available. All grade-level 20-21 school year wait lists will expire on June 9, 2021.
Seven Hills Preparatory Academy will follow its established enrollment policy, procedure, and timeline for the 2020 – 2021 school year.
- All 2020 – 2021 Kindergarten applicants must be 5 years old, on or before September 1, 2020 in order to qualify for Kindergarten, no exceptions. SHPA does not conduct screening for students younger than the date listed above.
- NEW FOR 2020 – 2021 – CURRENT SHPA STUDENTS AND SIBLINGS – Since SHPA has successfully completed all requirements for our replication grant, sibling preference will be honored across all schools.
|If Current SHPA Student Attends…||Then New Sibling Will NOW Receive Sibling Preference at….|
|Bloomington K – 5||Bloomington K – 5; Richfield K – 8|
|Richfield K – 8||Richfield K – 8; Bloomington K – 5|
- NEW FOR 2020 – 2021 – Our elementary school replication at the Richfield Campus is now complete with the opening of Fifth Grade for the 2020 – 2021 school year.
- Current SHPA Students and Inter Campus Transfers (Kindergarten through Fifth Grade) A current SHPA student wishing to transfer to another SHPA campus will have to complete a separate enrollment application for the campus your student wants to transfer to. If you do not have a current sibling at the campus you are wishing to transfer to, this request will be handled as a new applicant with no family preference granted. New for 2020 – 2021, if the applying current student has a current sibling student at the desired SHPA campus for transfer, SHPA sibling preference can be applied. Please note that the applying student will maintain their current enrollment until which time the inter campus transfer can be executed.
- Students currently attending SHPA, Kindergarten through 8th Grade, including our SHPA 5th Grade students that will transition to 6th grade at the Richfield Campus, do not have to reapply each year. All current SHPA students will automatically be enrolled to their respective next grade for the 2020 – 2021 school year. However, if your student will not be attending SHPA for the 2020 – 2021 school year, please notify your Enrollment Coordinators to discuss termination of enrollment procedures –
- Applications will be accepted by creating a SchoolMint account and submitting an online enrollment interest application. The 2020 – 2021 enrollment link will be activated and posted here on November 1, 2019.
- Please carefully check the school and school year for which you are applying. For 2020 -2021 we will be offering the following grade level options. You can apply to both campuses if applying for grades Kindergarten through Fifth Grade:
- Bloomington Campus: Kindergarten through Fifth Grade
- Richfield Campus: Kindergarten through Fifth Grade & Sixth Grade through Eighth Grade
- Create one SchoolMint account for your family, you can add multiple children under the one account.
- The 2020 – 2021 SHPA wait lists are only good for one enrollment cycle: February 2020 – June 2021