SHPA Has Partnered With Nystrom & Associates, Ltd. School-Based TherapyTou Thao
What is School-Based Therapy?
School-Based therapy is a convenient way to provide mental health therapy to students. It removes barriers such as transportation and scheduling difficulties which often stands in the way of students receiving therapy. It also allows for students to work with therapists directly in the environment in which they often struggle the most; in school. Our therapists can provide individual therapy, assessments and referrals for additional services. In addition, there is the possibility of seeing the child and the family outside of regular school hours. The school therapist works year round, and it is recommended clients continue to work with us throughout the summertime.
Currently, sessions are offered via Telehealth (video), allowing for flexibility in scheduling.
A student may be a good fit for school-based therapy if:
– They are experiencing symptoms of depression or anxiety
– They have behavioral problems in the classroom
– You notice a change in their behavior (they become more quiet/withdrawn or more disruptive, they begin missing assignments, etc.)
– There have been recent stressors that are concerning
For more information, or to get a referral started, contact a School Counselor by email or at 612-314-7600 x124.
– Middle School: Monica Potter firstname.lastname@example.org
– Elementary School: Hayden Miller email@example.com
Therapist Name: Mary Justin, MS
Therapist Number: 651-321-8178